My Blog List

Saturday 5 April 2014

Easter holidays


Easter holidays are here. In fact, as my youngest son is doing his GCSEs this year, I am hoping that it will be more of a working holiday (we live in hope ;)). Eldest is due home from uni on Monday and he wants/needs to earn some money so he's got a job at a local cafe. I'm preparing for an Easter sale next Sunday, so I've been getting some things ready for that today.



I've only taken a small stall, so I'm trying to be really selective about the things I'm taking along. 



Patchwork pieces are always popular.


Some old books...



On my stall, there'll be some small pieces of furniture, shelves, hooks, tins, crochet blankets and china. Plus a few flowers .. 



This is where I'll be...the village hall, Barnwell, nr Oundle. Sunday April 13, 1pm onwards.





Back soon.






16 comments:

  1. Hope the sale goes well. Wished I lived closer...loved the look of those books.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui. It would be great to meet you.

      Delete
  2. The pillowcases looked impressive. Hope the sale goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the sale is a huge success!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw wish I lived a bit nearer to you, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a busy holiday! I LOVE your new header. Is it one of your lovely paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am trying to paint eggs at the moment. I love old bird books with the illustrations of eggs inside. I have also bought blue bantam eggs from the market to paint, but it's quite tricky!

      Delete
  6. Your painting is absolutely beautiful.I think your stall should do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty eggs. Good luck with your stall and with the revision persuading! Its raining here but everything is green and lush and we even have bluebells flowering. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, it rained yesterday but it's cold and sunny today. Hope you have a good Easter. I haven't seen any bluebells yet but my tulips are flowering. I planted about 50 bulbs late on in the autumn and they're so pretty.

      Delete
  8. Love the pretty watercolour picture you have used for your header. Did you paint it or is it from the book? Hope you have a good sale and a lovely Easter. My daughter is home from uni too revising and my other daughter is busy working to finish her coursework for college. My son is working hard at gaming and staying up all night! I did remind him he has a History project to finish but no response yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacqui, you've made my day by asking me if the header is from a book. I did paint it myself.
    Ha, your description of your son sounds familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I wish I lived closer by, so that I could come and see your stall. You have some beautiful things on display. I like those old pillowcases. So pretty! Wishing you lots of good luck and a Happy Easter holiday!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete