My Blog List

Friday 5 July 2013

Final preparations


Yesterday I was making some final preparations for the party. I went early to the market and bought some big bunches of grapes, punnets of strawberries, apricots and raspberries. The sun was shining down and everyone was in a good mood, chatting to each other at the stall. Doesn't happen when it's raining! 
Last night I made these fruit tarts, which are very easy and light for summer. I rolled out some ready made shortcrust pastry, cut out circles, and put in a slice of apricot and a raspberry, then poured in a mixture of 3 eggs, 3oz caster sugar, a drop of vanilla extract and half a pint of single cream. Bake for about 20 minutes and they're done. 


The savoury food is being made by my friend Bridget, just leaving some sweet things for me to assemble. I've also baked some chocolate brownies, and a tray bake of vanilla sponge with gooseberry jam filling and elderflower icing which I'll cut into tiny squares.


Some flowers for the house. And if you never see another photo of these, you'll probably be happy...


See you on the other side....

7 comments:

  1. Hope the sun's shining this morning. I made little tomato tarts yesterday but might have to try your recipe as we all love apricots and raspberries. Have a wonderful time. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, the weather is perfect here today, although my youngest is on a Duke of Edinburgh trek with a rucksack that is almost as big as he is, so I hope for his sake it doesn't get too hot!
      Tomato tarts is a lovely idea. I love summer produce, makes meals so much easier!

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky with the weather this weekend for your party, considering what it's been like! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time Love the square bunting, it looks much more vintage than the triangles, and the paper poms look great. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time.You have certainly been working hard preparing for it.Those tarts look divine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fruit tarts they look delicious.

    You couldn't have asked for better weather.. have a fab time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet you're having a fab time, weather brill for you! :) x

    ReplyDelete