My Blog List

Tuesday 14 May 2013

I'm not the only one with this obsession...


Buttons. I love them, I have thousands of them, I cannot walk past a button box or tin at a car boot sale without making it mine. The problem is, once you've sorted the wheat from the chaff, where to keep the nicest buttons? Last weekend, I found the answer.


These little drawers were on a stall at the giant Bank Holiday car boot sale. I think they were originally used to store typeface, as the compartments are labelled. They're not especially old, but they are perfect for a button collection. I have bid for drawers like this at the auction before and they always go sky high and out of my reach, so I was pleased to buy these for £18.


Some of my favourite things won't fit in, like this little brown bag of bone buttons from France.


And the buttons on cards.


I had a successful sale at Foxtail Lilly last Saturday, and I did part with a few of my buttons. I made them up into little packs, green glass, red glass and so on, and they were really popular. I'm glad to know that it's not just me....

9 comments:

  1. No its not just you.....its me me me too!!
    ....Jars on shelves for me and one jar labeled 'special' that I pore over like 'gollum' from the hobbit etc....maybe i should label it "precious"....Happy tuesday to you....bargain drawers i love....D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh how lovely having a set of drawers dedicated to buttons! I love them too ... they look nice in jars on shelves ... sweeties in a sweet shop!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really envious of your little drawers - I just love anything with compartments - boxes, cutlery trays, and drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have little drawer, and lots of button envy!!! Brilliant find there! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabby idea, I have three large kiln jars of buttons that really need sorting. I have to empty them all out when I want to find a specific button. I love buttons ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find - I really like the sweet little handles x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love your buttons! Very jealous of them. I would love to find a tin of vintage buttons at a carboot but so far I have never even seen as much as a single button at one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found a few boxes this year, but usually only when I've got up really early! I hope you find some soon.

      Delete