My Blog List

Wednesday 31 October 2012

November magazine


The new issue of Nene Valley Living is out now. As usual, I compiled our annual gift guide, using products from local independent shops in what always turns out to be a rather marathon photo session for photographer Lesley Anne and I. Although we style the shots, the products aren't necessarily the ones we'd personally choose, as we are trying to cater for all tastes. That's fine, it's always a challenge to make them look as good as we can. For the cover, I made some cookies, and slipped in a lovely piece of fabric, a 1930s print with a kitchen theme that I found at an antiques fair last year. I think it was £3 and I really love it.


Some of my other finds came in handy, too:


The dog and the bear were auction purchases and I knew if I bought them they'd have to earn their keep. The little tin stacking toys are also from my stash. Now I am thinking about a Christmas cover and I'm wondering if I can utilise those home made patchwork baubles that I can't stop making at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. I love those little tins, what an interesting job you have! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very interesting job, and possible for me because I can work from home.
      There are actually six of the stacking tins, I think they are really sweet. I found them in one of those places that isn't quite an antiques centre, but not really a junk shop either. I've had some lovely, inexpensive finds in there.

      Delete
  2. Your magazine always looks so interesting, but sadly I think I live in the wrong area to get it. I'll just have to make do with reading it online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're only delivered in the area to the west of Peterborough. You can find us in the Destination Centre (tourist info office) if you ever go into Peterborough centre. There is a stack there at the beginning of the month, and we're free! Thanks for reading online anyway!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Going into Peterborough today, so I will pop into tourist info place.

      Delete