My Blog List

Monday 19 March 2012

On my way....

The country roads around us are full of scenes like this at the moment. Not spectacular, just very, very pretty and gentle. Stone walls, daffodils, blue skies.


I know it sounds corny, but since I was ill in hospital last autumn, I've noticed and appreciated things so much more. Perhaps it's having the blog, too. That's partly why I like writing it so much, it makes me look at my surroundings with a fresh eye.


And isn't this a great name for a road? An old man was sitting in the sun with his dog when I took this photo. He was tickled pink that I'd stopped the car especially to take photos of his street. I was on my way home from the studio, where I'd been to check this month's magazine page proofs. I went to my usual charity shops on my way back to the car and fell in love with an amazing 1950s blue and white polka dot dress. I'll sort it out tonight and post a photo tomorrow. It is a beauty.



2 comments:

  1. I just love the fresh, bright Spring skies we have at the moment. What a lovely address to have. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fresh is exactly the right word. Makes the green look even more green.

    ReplyDelete