My Blog List

Friday 28 October 2011

Gone to the beach....

We drove over to the east coast to see my parents-in-law today. After lunch, we went to the beach for a stroll, and it was one of those very rare golden, still afternoons. This is particularly unusual for this stretch of coastline, which is always beautiful, but often very windy and it can be quite bleak. Not today. We parked a short way from the beach and walked to the shore: here are some of the things I saw...




This beautiful little shop, The Strandline, Sea Lane, Old Hunstanton, sells handmade gifts, such as vintage button bracelets and bunting. The owner was working on a stunning driftwood Christmas tree and there was much loveliness inside....I must come back with my wallet...


Everywhere I looked I saw something I wanted to photograph. The others gave up and went on ahead for a game of beach football.

But seriously, how could anyone resist this duo? Or this?


   The skies are enormous, and the beach goes on forever.

As the clocks go back this weekend, and the dark evenings will be drawing in, it really felt like the last shout of summer. An afternoon to treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, have just found your blog, it's lovely! Great to meet another Northamptonshire blogger like myself : )What magazine do you work for?
    Great pics of Hunstanton, have visited many times, as it's the nearest coastal resort to us.

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete