My Blog List

Sunday 7 August 2011

Work and play

Isn't this a lovely setting for an antiques fair? It's Grimsthorpe Castle, near Bourne, Lincolnshire. I was here to take some photos and hijack some punters for an article for my local magazine. After some heavy rain the previous day, it was a lovely morning. First of all I had to get my bearings and have a little look round....

How cute is this little Dutch caravan? It was absolutely tiny.


I love this lady's stall. I bought some old red shoes from her a couple of months ago and posted about them.

It is a long time since I carried out one of these 'vox pop' type articles and I wasn't really looking forward to it. But antiques people are a good bunch, and everyone was happy to be photographed. Especially this chap....

It was really hard to browse to buy and concentrate on the article, so I came away almost empty handed. Just a piece of fabric, which will be ideal for doing up the car boot sale stool that I found last weekend.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of the castle: a bit sombre and enigmatic while just outside its gate lies all the colour and life of the fair.
    I have fallen for the baby-sized caravan but I don't expect that was for sale.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete