My Blog List

Thursday 18 August 2011

Rainy day project

After a very long dry spell, it's finally raining here, and it looks set in for the day. The house feels very full of boys, piles of trainers, and husbands (well, only one of those, but you know what I mean), but I've had a little sewing project in mind for a long time, and today seemed like a good time to go ahead. I picked up a large piece of cheery 1950s fabric from Lincoln Homes and Antiques show, and I wanted to turn it into a curtain to cover a gap in two kitchen units.

I already had the dowel rod and two hooks in place, as my mum had made me a couple of these curtains already, but I really wanted to do this myself (yes, my sewing skills are very basic and so is my little machine!). The shots are rather dark, because of the rain.




I'll do some more pics when it brightens up. I'm fired up now, and I may well re-cover a stool this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment