My Blog List

Wednesday 6 April 2011

On my doorstep

I have an epic amount of work to get through this week, but inspiration just wasn't striking, so I took myself off for a quick walk around our lovely village first thing this morning. The countryside hasn't quite unfurled yet, but you can almost feel that it is about to burst out. There are some signs of life....and some very sweet smells.

It did the trick. I returned to my desk and finished the article that I was grappling with all day yesterday. And it took all my aches and pains away, too. Why don't I do this more often?
We share the same belt of mellow limestone as the Cotswolds, but we're in a much less glamorous area. We've even got some unconverted barns in our village! With a shop, a school, a butchers, a craft studio and two pubs, it is a thriving community, although you rarely see a soul if you walk around during the day.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just discovered your blog today and your village sounds heavenly. Thank you for taking me with you on your walk as you shook your cobwebs away.

    Greetings from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete