My Blog List

Saturday 26 March 2011

A fine flea

Peterborough Festival of Antiques is our nearest large flea market. It is only five miles away, so it means I can get there nice and early. Friday was a beautiful day, and even though I had to scrape ice from the windscreen at 7am, the sun was pouring down by 10.
I found some pretty things, including some Hungarian linen, so thick and creamy, and very reasonably priced, perfect for curtains and blinds. And this adorable old typewriter, still in working order. Yes, while others queued overnight for the iPad 2, I walked away with this equally amazing portable device. 

And finally, I fell in love with this faithful friend.....three people stopped me as I walked back to the car with my dog on wheels. One wanted to reminisce about her old toys, and two wanted to know how much I'd paid! And I got some very amused looks when I stopped for petrol on the way home...

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!
    Glad you got him before the Cath Kidson buyers!!!

    ReplyDelete