My Blog List

Saturday 19 March 2011

Beautiful lace




I don't have a lacey  kind of house, but there something about old lace which I find very appealing. I've tried to find out more about it, but in truth, it is very difficult to identify the different kinds and their provenance. All I do know is that this lot looks quite old. There was such a pretty light when I woke up this morning, that I couldn't resist playing about with the camera.
Old letters are also very intriguing. This one came from ebay, for about £1.50, and it has a little scrap of the original red wax seal. I have kept a little stash of old letters from my past - when I was a student, long before email, I wrote so many letters, and luckily for me, so did my friends and boyfriends. I very rarely look at them - I can't remember the last time - but I just know I don't want to throw them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment