My Blog List

Sunday 27 February 2011

A long time coming....

Finally, the newly covered chair is in place. I went to fetch it yesterday. This has taken an unfeasibly long time to organise, as I fell for some expensive fabric which I had to save for. It is also very difficult to find someone who makes loose covers for an affordable price, as it is a very skilled job, and when you do, they are usually booked up way ahead, as is the case with the lady who made these. Anyway, it's all done now and I've had fun putting it in place and titivating. 
My younger son's only comment was that: 'it is very pink.' He is right, it is pinker and less washed than I had imagined, but no matter, the other family members seem fairly accepting. So long as the chair provides a comfortable base for watching Match of the Day, I think they are probably happy!

I had a very lucky find last week. A beautiful crochet blanket for an absolute song. I had a strange premonition that I was going to find one that day, but given the inordinate amount of time I've been spending in charity shops of late, perhaps it was bound to happen. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous blanket and I do love the chair makeover. I have been trying to find someone to cover my three sofas for less than its costs to remortgage but to no avail.

    You must be very pleased. Enjoy cosying up in it.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete