My Blog List

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Making a picture

Working on a local magazine means that we have a limited budget for our photography and editorial. But that doesn't mean that we don't try very hard to make it the best we can. Today, photographer Dave and I spent a couple of hours working on a cover shot. It was not the easiest task: there was very little natural light and we only had the garden centre pansies to create some colour.
Although I look as if  I am about to eat the cover stars, I was actually propping them up with cocktail sticks and misting them with a water spray. We shall see if we did manage to get something we can use for our February cover. I have huge respect for those stylists and photographers who create the images in many of my favourite magazines. It is not an easy task!

No comments:

Post a Comment