My Blog List

Sunday 9 January 2011

Inspirations

I woke early, full of ideas and plans. I put this down to an inspiring new book purchase, Plants and Places by Angie Lewin. Last evening, I was completely engrossed in this, and it has totally fired me with enthusiasm. I love the way that the book shows the artist's inspirations (seedheads, feathers, coastline etc), her sketches and preparations, and then the finished artworks.
It sent me to my fabric stash to sort out some material to make a new cushion (I can only sew in straight lines, but at least it means I can make cushions). I shall put this together later on. Then it was off to the auction centre to collect two lots that I bid for on Saturday. A slightly mad collection of old sewing items, and three small suitcases to add to my growing leather mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment